We've added some new features and settings for soundpacks in smartCARS 2.0. Converting a soundpack from smartCARS 1.X and getting it ready for use in smartCARS 2 takes only a few minutes.
1. Rename the soundpack folder (the folder that contains the sound.config - not the soundpacks folder created by smartCARS) to the name of the soundpack.
2. Open the sound.config in notepad. Remove the line that defines 'safety_clips', as it is no longer needed.
3. As we've added a climb announcement, there is the option to include it in the soundpack. Most smartCARS 1.X soundpacks did not include such a file, so we need to disable it for this soundpack. Add the line 'climb=null' at the end of the sound.config.
4. Remove the line that defines 'name', as the folder name itself now identifies the soundpack.
5. Change 'copilot_altitude_announcements=' to 'copilot='.
6. Change 'gpws_system=' to 'gpws='.
7. Change 'chat_pm=' to 'private_message='.
8. Change 'chat_airline=' to 'airline_message='.
9. Change 'chat_global=' to 'global_message='.
10. Add a line that defines 'version' as 1 ('version=1', without quotes). This will allow smartCARS 2 to update your soundpack, should you deploy it via the client area. Even if you will not be deploying the soundpack, that line is still required. You can define a different version, if you so choose - it does not have to be one, it just has to be a number.
11. Remove '%safetynumber%' from the line that defines 'safety'. Be sure to update the file name for this clip to reflect the new setting.
12. If you have a sound you'd like to use as a notification sound (currently, this works for Premium-powered flight pauses), add "system_notification=" (without quotes) followed by the sound you'd like to use (the same format as other definitions).
You now have a smartCARS 2 soundpack! Copy it to the soundpacks directory that resides in the folder as smartCARS.exe and you should see it appear in the soundpack selection box in smartCARS.
- 497 Users Found This Useful
OverviewWhen debugging a smartCARS issue or submitting a support request to TFDi Design staff or...
With smartCARS 2, we introduced a service called smartCARS Premium. As the service is geared...
OverviewStarting with smartCARS 2, we added support for full-program translations. This lets...