After logging in, the login form disappears and smartCARS closes (the main form never appears) or once logged in, the radio does not work.
1. Go to Start, type "Run", and open the "Run" application (this can be accessed quickly by pressing the Windows Key and the "R" key at the same time).
2. Enter "C:\Windows\System32\OptionalFeatures.exe" in the box and press "OK".
3. Expand "Media Features" box by clicking the plus next to it.
4. Check the "Windows Media Player" box.
5. Click "OK" and follow any additional on-screen instructions.
smartCARS uses the Windows Media Player system to power the radio player. On systems that have Windows Media Player disabled, when smartCARS tries to initialize the radio player system, it may close. If smartCARS does open without Windows Media Player, the radio player may not work. Performing the above steps enables Windows Media Player.
Note: if the above resolution does not fix the problem, contact technical support.
- 473 Users Found This Useful
The ProblemEither smartCARS or the smartCARS installer stops working immediately after...
The ProblemWhen trying to start (or restore) a flight via smartCARS, you receive an error box...
The ProblemWhen opening smartCARS, you receive an error box stating that it cannot start because...
The ProblemWhile the radio is playing, it suddenly becomes very quiet or inaudible.The...
The ProblemYou cannot login to smartCARS with correct credentials, but you can login via your...